Residential Structural Engineering for Homeowners on Long Island, NY
AS Engineering Services assists Long Island homeowners in evaluating your home for the purpose of renovations and can develop full architectural and structural plans for any renovations you might be considering. These include additions, removing load bearing walls and constructing a second story. ASES can evaluate the issues, determine the cause and recommend solutions.
Structural Issues and Modifications
AS Engineering Services (ASES) offers exceptionally cost-effective engineering services direct to homeowners. Whether you believe you have a structural issue in your home (perhaps you see cosmetic cracks or sagging) or you are planning to make structural modifications (remove a wall, etc.), ASES can provide you with a professional structural engineering evaluation to ensure you protect what is likely the largest single investment you have ever made, as well full architectural and structural plans.
Suspected Structural Issues
- Have you noticed items in your home that make you less than confident in its structural integrity?
- Do you see cracks in the walls or ceiling joints that you never noticed before?
- Do your floors seem to slope one way or the other?
- Do you have moisture issues in your basement?
Some of these issues could be simply cosmetic details from the house settling or minor lumber expansion and contraction caused by temperature or moisture changes. BUT, they could also indicate major issues that could undermine the structural integrity of your home. The only way to be sure is to have a licensed professional engineer evaluate the issues, determine the cause and recommend solutions. ASES can provide these services for you cost-effectively and recommend practical, common sense solutions that don’t have to break the bank.
- Are you planning to renovate your home?
- Are you thinking it would be more practical to remove that wall to expand your kitchen or bathroom?
- Have the kids moved out and you want to combine two small bedrooms into one larger den or office?
Before you break out the sledgehammer, contact ASES to ensure that’s not a load-bearing wall holding up the second floor or the roof. No matter what renovations you may be planning, ensure they won’t weaken or undermine the structural integrity of your home. Contact ASES today for a professional structural engineering evaluation of your intended renovations. ASES can recommend low-cost, practical solutions that can save you money and time.
Residential Inspection for Home Renovation
AS Engineering Services has helped many homeowners with structural engineering for their major home renovations. In these days where homeowners are looking for “open floor plans” many homeowners come to us when they want to open up or remove a wall. If it’s a load-bearing structural wall it is critical to have a licensed structural engineer inspect the existing structure, calculate the loads and design an appropriate sized header and posts to support the loads that were formerly supported by the structural wall.
AS Engineering Services routinely performs the following services for homeowners:
- Review Foundation issues
- Review Load-Bearing wall
- Design header for proposed opening
- Signed and sealed letter
Our fee for this service runs between $500 and $1,400.
- Minimum fees
- Site visit and verbal consultation – $500 for locations within 1 hour of Port Jefferson and $650 for all other Long Island locations
- Site visit and signed and sealed report – $1200 for locations within 1 hour of Port Jefferson and $1,400 for all other Long Island locations
- Above fees and services do not include any repair drawings. Reports will provide summary of observations and recommendations but no specific repair drawings. These can be provided as an additional service if requested. Minimum fee for repair drawings starts at $2,000.
- All findings are based on readily available visual evidence – no destructive testing is included in above fees or performed